Buy NA Plots or invest in NA plots near Thane and Mumbai
I am back again with my blog for buy NA plots near Mumbai and thane region. In last one year there has being very tremendous increase in queries for buy NA plots and also for investing in agricultural land as well. But the most interesting point which I am surprised of is, whenever I get the call, please just start asking about buying NA plots without knowing what NA plot is. Based on this, I have planned to provide some details about the title meaning of NA plots. This can be of great help while choosing non agricultural land / Buy NA plots for further development.
NON Agricultural Land or NA Plots
Land can be called non agricultural land or NA Plots, if any activity in the nature of development is carried over on the land which makes land unfit for cultivation.
Under section 44 of the Maharashtra Land Revenue Code 1966, before carrying out any development on the land, an eligible person has to apply to the collector for the permission to convert the use of agricultural land for any non-agricultural purpose, or to change the use of land from one non-agricultural purpose to another non-agricultural purpose.
List of some of the authorities functioning important role In Development Control are given below.
- Town Planning Department:
- Health Department
- The MumbaiVillage Panchayat Act, 1958
- Laws Related to Development Along Roads
- Mumbai Highways Act, 1955
- National Highway Act 1956
- Environment (Protection) Act, 1986
- IndianForest Act, 1927
- Forest Conservation Act, 1980
- Maharashtra Acquisition of Private Forests Act, 1975
- Minor Mineral (Extraction) Act, 1955 and Explosives Act, 1984
These authorities may give clearance for development under some conditions; these conditions shall be binding on the applicant and such other conditions as the collector may, under the order of the State Government impose.
Penalties for unauthorized non-agricultural use–
If any land is used for non agricultural purpose by occupant without obtaining permission, it is lawful for the collector to stop its unauthorized use, ask him to pay NA taxes and penalty. Before you Buy NA Plots, make sure to check for this permission.
Regularization of unauthorized use–
Where permission for non agricultural use was possible but occupant had not taken care to apply for permission, under the circumstances collector may regularized his unauthorized use, subject to the following terms and conditions, namely:-
- That the holder shall pay the amount of conversion tax leviable and shall pay non-agricultural assessment on the land with reference to the altered use since the commencement of that use
- That the holder shall pay such fine not exceeding 10 to forty times the non-agricultural assessment on the land with reference to the altered use,
- That the holder shall abide by the conditions specified in column “B” above so far as they are applicable, and such other conditions as the Collector may deem fit to impose.
It is very important to verify that all the respective approval has being taken from respective authorities required as per the respective regional requirement.
I would be happy to assist you and end your search for your second home or search for best investment option. For more details you can call me on +91 9920812445 or email me at email@example.com